The Home of Sir Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear diary (part 1)

Go down

Dear diary (part 1) Empty Dear diary (part 1)

Post  kayzerthethird Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:09 am

Kay Evans-Bentley’s Diary

Tuesday 7th October 2008
Dear diary,
It’s going to be one of those mornings. I could tell by the way my two daughters had started off their day by arguing about whose got whose leggings on. I had informed them that the label in Olivia’s leggings said aged 7-8 years and that Mia’s said aged 9-10 years but I might as well be talking to the brick wall. There was nothing I could say, Mia insisted she was wearing her own whereas Olivia was insisting that her sister had stolen hers and was hiding them from her!
Consequently Sugar Puffs (without milk) and cold buttered toast were served ‘A la Car’. As was the orange juice which got spilt over my handbrake and gear stick.
I have no idea how time works in the morning. It seems to just to fizz away as if it’s being dissolved by the sun as it musters up all its strength to stand tall in our skies. I seem to have annoyed the morning sun as my time fizzled so quickly that I managed to make all of us late for the impatient day.
Sir gives us a handout on personal Language history and asks us to discuss it with the person sat next to you. Amanda and I look it over and have pretty much the same ideas. We both love the Names and Naming worksheet and talked at length about how we would teach it to primary school children.
Story time! Out of the blue Sir asks us all to sit in a circle on the carpet and get ready for story time. How funny! We all mooch over, find a space and sit crossed legged as we listen to a story about The Red Headed Thief. After listening closely we are sent back to our seats and are asked to tell each the story we have just been told. I started to think that Sir wants to see how we interpret the tale, perhaps checking to see if we were actually listening and not sleeping!
It’s amazing how much of the story I can remember. I am able to retell the story to Amanda and Lindsey who both in turn do the same. The whole class then retells the story and luckily for me I got to go second so my bit was out of the way. I’m still getting nervous about speaking in front of everybody. I know it’s irrational but my heart beats so fast I think that everyone will be able to see it. My mouth dries and my lips stick to my teeth, not a nice look I can assure you.
This exercise was hilarious as well as informative. We all put our individual spin on the story by using our own unique language. The story stayed true to its form and the chronology, the characters and the events stayed the same but the Red Headed Thief had adopted a different accent, a multi-cultural collection of voices and mannerisms.
In our groups of 3, we looked at some flash cards with made up words and their meanings on and had to get each other to guess what the words meant. As we did this we were sent out to record ourselves reciting a poem on Sir’s dictaphone.
I wonder what Sir is going to do with the recordings?!

kayzerthethird

Back to top Go down