The Home of Sir Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reflective Diary Entry

2 posters

Go down

Reflective Diary Entry Empty Reflective Diary Entry

Post  liane.klingbeil@bathspa.o Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:51 am

Tuesday 7th October by Liane Klingbeil

I really enjoyed the session today. The Red Headed Thief story was very captivating and I can understand why children would find it interesting and shocking. I hope to use it when teaching myself.

It was interesting sitting on the carpet and assuming the viewpoint of the child. It made me think of how powerful a safe environment for a child can be and how a quiet, structured environment is conducive to learning. The story conjured up strong visual images and it was interesting to explore the story in the way we did. Although in retelling the story I felt I should have listened a lot more carefully to the story in order to recall it properly and fully assume the storytelling role. I will persevere to sharpen up my listening skills.

I also found the word explanation task useful in thinking about how to describe and express meaning to a young child. The themes which stood out to me were making it relevant to the child and the use of expression to convey meaning.

liane.klingbeil@bathspa.o

Back to top Go down

Reflective Diary Entry Empty Re: Reflective Diary Entry

Post  Admin Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:46 am

A bit brief, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Hey everyone, don't expect me to comment on them all - just doing a few to get the ball rolling!

Admin
Admin

https://thehomeofsir.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down