The Home of Sir Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robs diary entry

2 posters

Go down

Robs diary entry Empty Robs diary entry

Post  robloaring Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:07 am

Diary of yesterday’s thoughts

In finding ways to attach our language stories to our posters, all of which I think are great, it was good to be thinking about how to present things in this way, being out of education for a while now and having limited school experience I find that I really enjoys these tasks as they get me thinking in these ways again.
The language stories have given me an insight into my peers and have to agree with Jonathan on the value in doing them, it was interesting to see how similar ideas and activities would and could be used with different ages of children, possibly with some level of adaptation to increase their worth. It’s also good that we all seem to be settling with each other as a group, no one seems to be feeling the need to shy away from discussions or talking in front of the group and people have different things to bring to table in terms of opinions and ideas.
Really enjoyed story time because it was nice to get into the frame of mind as teacher to student and reading to other people, also found very amusing how much Sir was also clearly enjoying himself, can be a bit of a story teller myself as my sister chose to remind me when attempting to repeat the story of the red headed thief to a car full of friends on the way to the circus last night, “sounds like something you’ve made up “she told me, I felt she was a little like King Connors wife in this respect, when I was allowed to finish the story and explain the differences between language and speech she was more understanding.
It is true that I like to regale the odd story or two and I really enjoyed story time and the task that followed, it was a really good way of reviewing the differences between spoken English and written English my main thought was the idea that spoken English is somewhat spontaneous and although you may try to edit your language on route from brain to mouth the chances are that the mistakes are made, less analytical thought goes into speech than text and when writing there is generally more care and time taken over the language used, a fact I had taken for granted, story time made me really think!
The ideas we talked about on child language acquisition were relatively new to me though have heard some of the ideas in the past, it is within my nature to want to find out more so once pride and prejudice has been read (woo) I’m likely to investigate these ideas more.

So yeah, was a good day Smile

robloaring

Back to top Go down

Robs diary entry Empty Re: Robs diary entry

Post  Lynziloo Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:52 am

I knew someone wouldn't be able to resist the smiley faces ;o)

Lynziloo

Back to top Go down