The Home of Sir Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reflection on Visual Text Session

Go down

Reflection on Visual Text Session Empty Reflection on Visual Text Session

Post  Venetia Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:54 am

I found the information about influences on children’s reading interesting, and may well allude to it when talking to parents in the future about their children’s reading. When I start my school placement after half-term, I am going to make a concerted effort to talk to the children about what books they like to read, and to try to find out the reasons why certain children do not get enjoyment from reading.

Looking at visual texts was extremely insightful. When I know that I am required to tell a story, I tend to use more expression and I think very hard about how I divulge the plot. I think that if I was using a visual text in the future, I would certainly want to have time to prepare a rough outline of the story I would go onto tell. When I was merely describing the pictures of the mouse, I found it difficult to know what aspects to focus on, and I think seeing the later slides helped to give me a better idea of the plot. I also don’t think my descriptions were particularly enthralling.

Trying to describe a picture that I had drawn emphasised that people ‘see’ things in different ways, and there is no standard way of drawing a coconut tree, for example. There is room for so much more interpretation with words.

Venetia

Back to top Go down