The Home of Sir Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Year 4 lesson

Go down

Year 4 lesson Empty Year 4 lesson

Post  robloaring Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:30 pm

Tyger Tyger lesson plan

I don’t know how but I had never seen or heard this poem before, well maybe the first verse slightly, not to any extent though.

I liked the way it has a circular pattern coming back to its main theme at the end though with the slightest changing of words to move from ‘Could’ to a more assertive ‘Dare’ in the last stanza, Blake’s use of pictures in support of his songs makes me want to follow that idea.

With a copy if the poem in text version only so the children cannot see the intended images, as a class we would read each stanza in a chant style and repeat the first stanza after we have said each of the middle four to further instil the words and lyrical style gained from the rhythm and rhyme.

Once we know the opening verse quite well we would them move onto the second task, having photocopied some tiger picture for them to stick on each child would produce a background landscape picture based on the words to add the tiger cut outs too, this would get them to think about ‘burning bright’ and ‘forests of the night’ rather than worrying about the tiger.

robloaring

Back to top Go down